Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Dress to Impress

Yesterday I came to work in a skirt and boots. This was only because my friends had instructed me to wear exactly that for last night's entertainment that they had organised for me, not because I was trying to make an effort at work.

(I am wearing the same today, but only because I stayed over and I wasn't about to try and get anything more into my already strained laptop bag, that was going through an identity crisis; my laptop begrudgingly jammed up against some knickers and a weary looking make-up bag).

I then administered some make-up before I left the office last night (of which I am still classily wearing the reminants today).

I received comments from around 2/3rds of our 15 strong staff on being 'dressed up', 'wearing lipstick' and looking 'posh' and 'feminine'. To achieve this look I had brushed my hair, overcoated previously applied mascara that was clinging on viciously to my eyelashes in unsightly chunks (so obviously the best approach was to make a feature out of these with extra gunk), drawn on thick, uneven waves of eyeliner and applied some lipstick onto my chapped lips (trying to make them look slightly less offensive by applying some lipsil over the top, a tip unsurprisingly I didn't get from the Avon lady and wouldn't advise to anyone).

So really relatively little effort. God knows how terrible I must look on a day to day basis. It made me wonder whether I could attempt this ladylike assimilation more often: flirt with make-up; attempt heels; that sort of thing.

But then at least with low expectations you always have room to impress.

1 Comments:

Blogger thewebstress said...

It would be more bearable if you could wear trainers with it. I have wide feet.

8:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home