Friday, March 03, 2006

BBD2

Yep, you guessed it. Might not help that I consumed a pint of chips last night (yes, it was actually in a pint glass. Hoegarden to be precise) and 3 large glasses of wine.

But I have a new bone to pick. Something that's only really grabbed part of my usually undivided attention in the last couple of months.

Thinking that I wouldn't notice, a large amount of fat has deposited itself casually around the tops of my hips. And isn't going anywhere.

Where once my stomach stood alone, proud in its collection of fatty tissue, my hips have decided, after I thought I'd endured enough through the unsightly, uncomfortable and unattractive growth of puberty, that they'd join in the fun and have set up camp, seemingly indefinitely.

Whole handfuls of stretchmarked flesh have made a comfortable settlement on the top of my newly protruding bones (my hips, until the age of 21, were non-existent. Now it appears they're making up for lost time).

I've spoken to a few friends of the same age as me and they too have noticed such uninvited fatty deposits. But, so far, noone has given me a fool proof solution to getting rid of them. Apart from buying new clothes (seeing as I tend to shop at Matalan, Primark being too trendy for me - seriously, at least it will be relatively inexpensive).

I have, in an attempt to see what I would look like if I were to lose this weight, grabbed the offending flesh and pushed it behind me (I really don't care what goes on where I can't see it) to see what I'd look like if I were to lose the fat. And its not that bad. I could even accept my stomach's imperfections if I had only that to worry about. Or could least try and reduce the offending matter.

But its no good. I think it might be in for the long haul.

If anyone has any suggestions (other than lyposuction, cutting out alcohol or reducing my bread intake) then I'd be more than happy to offer you tips on troublesome style sheets or uncooperative rollovers in exchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home