Thursday, March 23, 2006

Older and wiser?

Today I hit a quarter of a century.

On Tuesday I spent a full 15 minutes on the journey to work untangling the mess that my headphones were in, scolding myself for being such a numpty for getting them so tangled up and getting even more annoyed with myself that I was trying to untangle them whilst walking so therefore doing neither tasks proficiently or productively (I am the exception that proves the rule with regards to women and multitasking).

Once I managed to untangle them I made the resolution not to get them in such a mess again (an issue stemming back many years and through a vast array of headphones in all shapes and sizes).

At lunchtime, however, when I ventured out of the office to endure the bitter weather for my run, I retrieved my headphones from my bag.

Lo and behold they were unfathomably tangled once again.

(I have them now sat on my desk beside me where I can keep an eye on them but they appear to have a rather over active imagination and cannot be coerced into behaving).

I think this effectively proves that while I am certainly aging, if somewhat ungracefully, I am certainly not gaining wisdom in my maturity.

4 Comments:

Blogger MuppetLord said...

Happy Birthday!

9:40 pm  
Blogger thewebstress said...

Thank you :-) I have wrinkles today.

8:18 am  
Blogger MuppetLord said...

lmao Really? You shouldn't do, you're younger than me.

4:09 pm  
Blogger thewebstress said...

Yes, but the stress of web design has made me age unfathomably quickly it seems! That and London smog...

9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home